"There is only one journey...going inside yourself."
(Rilke)
At dinner that other night, I opened my fortune cookie. It read, "You will do well when you expand your horizons." That led me to thinking about how the deeper meaning of our venture. The who? what? when? where? are basically figured out, but what about the Why? of this journey. I posed this question to my fellow travellers.
Bella's Wonderings:
"I wonder what kind of languages other kids speak."
"I wonder what fruits I'll eat."
"I wonder if other kids have a zhu zhu pet and what toys do kids play with?"
Anita's Inquiry Questions:
"In what ways will our travels enrich us as individuals and as a family?"
"Why is change good and what lessons are to be learned by living outside the box for a little while?"
"How will my worldview change when I look at the world through the lens of a 5 year old?"
Mark's Response to my question was simply "Why?" and when asked if he could be more specific, he answered, "Why?" My man of many words will be the philosopher of the all expansive wondering, "Why?"
As I write this you are far away, up in the air. We've been thinking about you all excitedly. You may not be aware, but you're forging a path for those less brave to follow one day. Welcome to the first days of your journey. Keep up the posts--I will await with bated breath the discovery of those disgusting worms. Photographic evidence, please.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Linda and the gang