The First Step

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step..." (Lao Tzu)

In our case, it begins with a single skip...

Sunday, January 2, 2011

less is MORE

"Less is More"

Yes, it's that time. The final decision on what to pack and what to leave behind. In this process, I find myself reciting the ever wise mantra: "less is more." Luckily, we're heading to tropics where fluffy parkas and heavy boots are not required. Mark and I will each have pack on our backs. Bella will have her own daypack. I have a small camera pack for the front and Mark has a daypack for everyday stuff.
For the record, here's the "stuff" for the road:
Bella's pack: sunglasses, bandaids, id, whistle, photos, skipping rope, change purse, notepad, kleenex, magnifying glass, bubbles, mini flashlight, polly pockets, worry dolls, froggy (for belly breathing), water bottle, Thea Silton and The Mystery of the Dragon Code, and a pink hamster.


Anita's pack: I will carry Bella and my clothes along with a towel, a bar of soap for washing ourselves and laundry, water bottle, toiletries, homeschooling materials, journal, playing cards, cutlery, teabags and my lucky pack of dried mangoes that I start every journey with. And yes, must not forget the tp! Along with a few luxuries- mini kite, a glow in the dark yo yo and black licorice. Lucky Canadian pennies to give to newfound friends. There's four stowaways in this photo. Can you spot them?



Mark's pack: Clothes, medical kit, water pump and purifier, toiletries, electronics (cords, chargers, iPad), sleeping sheets, mosquito nets.




Stowaways: Monty the Marmot with his 3 Canadian buddies- a raccoon, a brown bear and a moose. We still don't have names for our Canadian buddies. Send us your ideas and Bella will choose the winners.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ms.Lau and Bella,

    Phew! Winter vacation has gone by so quickly! I had a great time skiing! I think you had a great time too! For the animals, I think the brown bear should be named Simon Jackson after our spirit bear hero. The raccoon should be named Twilight because raccoons like to sneak out at night. Finally, I think the moose should be named George after Mrs.Dennis's monkey. I meant to say this to you earlier but couldn't. Ms.Lau, you are a awesome out of this world teacher. You took a lot of effort to teach us new extraordinary things. You deserve a long relaxing vacation. Have a fun time!

    Sincerely,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete